This is a delicious, quick and easy meal to prepare. The Jackfruit goes very well with our spicy organic Mexican chilli paste.
- 200g tinned Jackfruit pieces, drained
- 1 sachet Westcountry Spice organic Mexican chilli paste
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- To garnish, sliced red cabbage, salad leaves and rocket
- Serve in 2 multi seed cereal wraps or soft tacos.
- Shred the Jackfruit using 2 forks.
- Mix the Mexican chilli paste with 150ml of hot vegetable stock.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and stir fry the shredded Jackfruit gently till hot, pour in the spice mixture and continue to cook for a few more minutes.
- Add a dash of lemon juice. Pile into tortillas and garnish with coarse chopped avocado, red cabbage and salad leaves.