Our Westcountry Spice Moroccan paste gives this Moorish beef stew an aromatic and authentic Moorish flavour. A hearty winter meal.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time 2-2.5hrs
- Oil for frying
- 1lb (450g) stewing steak
- 4 good sized organic carrots cut into thick chunks
- 1 large onion sliced
- A selection of root vegetables of choice (Potatoes, Parsnip, Swede, Turnip etc) cut into thick chunks.
- 2 tbsp (30ml) tomato puree
- 1 pint (470ml) organic vegetable or beef stock
- 3-5 tsp (15-25ml) of Westcountry Spice Moroccan paste (depending on taste)
- 1 medium mango sliced and diced (optional)
1) Fry off steak and sear until brown – and then remove from the pan.
2) Sauté onion until clear and then add root vegetables and sweat gently for about 5-10 minutes.
3) Return beef to pan, stir in tomato puree and the Moorish Paste, and cook for 2 minutes. After the 2 minutes, add the stock.
4) Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer gently for 2-2.5 hours or until beef is tender.
5) At the end of cooking, add the mango and warm through for about 2 minutes.