A healthy dish that’s quick and easy to prepare, add Westcountry Spice organic Hoisin sauce and you have an authentic taste of China – a restaurant quality meal in minutes!
- 1 tbsp of Westcountry Spice organic soy sauce
- 3 tbsp of Westcountry Spice organic Hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp dry sherry
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh root ginger
- 200g lean sirloin steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 100g mangetout, halved lengthways
- 140g mushrooms, sliced
- Chinese noodles, to serve
1) Mix together the soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil, garlic and ginger in a shallow dish. Add the steak and leave to marinate for approx 15-20 minutes (or longer, if you have time).
2) Heat a large Wok, add the sesame seeds and toast over a high heat, stirring, for a few minutes until golden. Tip on to a plate.
3) When ready to cook, heat the sunflower oil in a large frying pan or wok until hot. Add the steak with the marinade and stir fry for 3-4 minutes over a high heat until lightly browned. Remove, using a slotted spoon, on to a plate, leaving the juices in the pan.
4) Toss the carrots in the pan and stir fry for a few minutes, then add the mangetout and cook for a further 2 minutes.
5) Return the steak to the pan, add the mushrooms and toss everything together. Add the Hoisin sauce and stir-fry for a final minute. Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately.